I’m going to try and get a jump start on my picks for this week, being I finished with a horrible 8-8 record for last weeks predictions, bringing my season record to 30-18. I’ve decided to sneak these in before The Office starts at 9:00 PM EST tonight.
Home teams in BOLD.
- New York Jets over Buffalo … Trent Edwards might be a long term answer for the team, but this might be a perfect game for the Jets to turn their defense around and start thinking about playoffs again.
- Baltimore over Cleveland … Derek Anderson has been impressive thus far, and you know he wants to play good against his former team in the Ravens, but the Ravens defense will prove to be too much for the young QB from Oregon State.
- Oakland over Miami … Daunte Culpepper’s first start should result in the Raiders’ second win of the year.
- Minnesota over Green Bay … The Packers success can’t go on forever, and Adrian Peterson is continuing to prove he’s the real deal.
- Dallas over St. Louis … Easy win for the Cowboys here.
- Houston over Atlanta … Matt Schaub goes back to Atlanta for the first time since being dealt to Houston.
- Chicago over Detroit … The entire Bears team should respond well to Lovie’s decision to switch to Brian Grise.
- Carolina over Tampa Bay … Yes, I’ve doubted the Bucs before, but after this game it should look like the Panthers’ division to lose.
- San Francisco over Seattle … Seattle is coming off a tough one against the Bengals and might be looking ahead to their match against the Steelers.
- San Diego over Kansas City … The battle of running backs who are leaving their fantasy owners somewhat disappointed right now. L.T. and the Chargers defense prevail here.
- Pittsburgh over Arizona … Pittsburgh is shaping up to be the team to beat in the AFC, they’ll flex their muscles here versus the Cards.
- Denver over Indianapolis … I love Denver’s offense here with Travis Henry versus the the depleted Colts defense.
- Philadelphia over New York Giants … Even though this is a rivalry game, it doesn’t seem like the Giants will win here after coming off a come from behind win against the Redskins.
- New England over Cincinnati … It’s about time that people start to wonder about the Patriots going 16-0, seriously.
Season Record: 30-18